Fans at Bruno Mars’ latest concert in Glasgow were left in shock when the show was temporarily halted after a fire broke out on stage Tuesday night. According to reports, the singer was just starting to excite the huge crowd at Glasgow Green when the fireworks exploding rhythmically onstage set the lighting rig on fire.
#BrunoMars confirms the stage went on fire here at Glasgow Green due to a pyrotechnic which forced a temporary pause in the show. He then sings “we burned the stage down in Glasgow”. @BrunoMars pic.twitter.com/a8V6CqlOQz
— Connor Gillies (@ConnorGillies) July 10, 2018
Bruno Mars had to step off the stage as the stagehands rushed to assess the situation. Videos later posted on the internet show them in action, trying to smother the flames. Luckily, the break didn’t continue indefinitely.
The stage crew was able to extinguish the fire within 10 minutes, allowing him to get back on stage. Fans quickly posted their relief over his quick return on social media, minutes after they’d expressed frustration over what was happening.
On return, the Grammy winner charmed the audience with an impromptu rendition of “We burned the stage down in Glasgow” before blowing up the audience again with a slew of his other hits, including “Uptown Funk”, “Grenade” and “24K Magic.”
The Bruno Mars UK tour is expected to continue with an appearance at the British Summer Time Festival and further dates in Dublin.